Leftist media outlets and RINOs appear to be strategically ramping up efforts to raise Ron DeSantis as the new ‘golden boy’ of the Republican party while trashing Donald Trump’s chances as the top candidate for 2024.
Unsurprisingly, the media has stuck to what it does best, attacking Trump – but this could be disastrous in the long run, especially if the core MAGA supporters see through it in time.
Some media outlets have started running with the ‘DeSantis good’ Trump bad’ narrative already:
- The New York Post had two separate front pages, one with DeSantis with the headline ‘DeFuture.’ And another with Trump as Humpty Dumpty with the headline ‘Don (who couldn’t build a wall) had a great fall.
- Meanwhile, Liz Peek called DeSantis the new Republican leader on Fox News.
- The New York Times went further, calling DeSantis the GOP front-runner for 2024.
- The Atlantic’s David Frum said Trump lost the midterms, and DeSantis won them
- Politico bashes Trump and reports Billionaire CEO Ken Griffin is ready to back Ron DeSantis
- On the Daily Mail front page, the headline read: “Knives are out for ‘Toxic’ Trump: Republicans brand him a ‘disaster’ who cost them success in America’s midterms by backing dud candidates: Florida governor, 44, becomes America’s new right-wing golden boy.”
- The Financial Times writes Donald Trump was overshadowed by Ron DeSantis in the midterms.
The headlines appear to suggest there is an effort to frame Trump as the “loser” and replace him with DeSantis.
Although DeSantis has achieved great success as Governor of Florida, especially with standing up to mandates and the ‘woke’ curriculum in schools, many would argue none of this would have happened if it had not been for Trump helping him in the 2018 Election.
However, if DeSantis continues to align himself with the left-wing media and RINOs, it could spell disaster if those loyal to President Trump begin to view him as controlled opposition.
The Gateway Pundit also asked why Desantis does not have a TruthSocial account.