Two California high schools have canceled football games because of COVID-19 cases among students, according to reports.
Sparto High School near Sacramento said it canceled a game after six players tested positive for COVID-19.
The school also stated that multiple players were also injured.
The news comes amid reports of impending COVID-19 restrictions are beginning to be reimplemented across the country.
“Ensuring the well-being of students is not only a moral obligation but also a legal and ethical responsibility,” district Superintendent Christina Goennier told affiliate station FOX40.
Yolo County health officer Dr. Aimee Sisson told the outlet that she supports the move.
“Our role in the health department is to support our schools in being able to stay open for that in-person instruction,” she said.
“We provide support and certain tips on what to do when there are cases and provide testing resources. But really, our goal for this school year is to keep kids in school in person, but also to do so safely.”
Meanwhile a high school north of Los Angeles also confirmed it canceled a football game against a rival school after multiple COVID-19 cases were confirmed among its players.
“We have an outbreak,” Santa Paula Assistant Principal Daniel Guzman told the Ventura County Star. “The number is rising.”
“Football is part of our little town’s DNA,” he said. “[But] student safety is a priority above all.”
Last week, the Daily Fetched reported that third-grade students at an elementary School in Montgomery County, Maryland, were being told to begin masking up ahead of reports of a new COVID-19 wave.
Conservative radio talk show host Clay Travis posted a letter on X, formerly Twitter, which parents received from Rosemary Hills Elementary School, saying “3 or more” students had recently tested positive for COVID-19, and students need to begin masking up.
The letter from the school’s principal, Rebecca Irwin Kennedy, said the masks also need to be N95s despite evidence suggesting such masks are ineffective at stopping the virus.
In August, the Daily Fetched first reported that the Biden administration was preparing to enforce full COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions beginning as early as mid-September, according to TSA and border patrol whistleblowers.
A “high level” TSA official told Infowars that they were informed during Tuesday’s meeting of new memorandums and policies to start restricting, including mask wearing.
The policies would reinstate the mask mandate for TSA and airport employees next month.
Furthermore, the TSA whistleblower claimed that mask-wearing would be mandated for pilots, passengers, crew, and all airport patrons, and COVID-19 lockdowns would also be implemented in September.
Infowars contacted a trusted Border Patrol source, who also confirmed measures were being planned for Border Patrol personnel.
“They were told it was not a matter of “if” but “when” official Covid numbers will go back up, and they expect by mid-October a return to forced-masking policies that the Biden administration previously only reluctantly ended after massive pressure,” Infowars reported.
The news outlet added, “Both whistleblowers were told this rollout will be in tandem with the new Covid “variant” hysteria that the MSM has been reporting on this week.”