Not long after major advertisers, including Burger King and HelloFresh, pulled the plug on Rumble following the sexual assault against comedian Russell Brand, a far-left group took credit for the ad rug pull.
As we reported last week, the brands pulled their adverts from the platform, where Brand has amassed a following of 1.4m.
News Movement reported that Burger King paused advertising with the platform, while Asos said it had manually removed its ads from Rumble.
Meanwhile, video-sharing giant YouTube also demonetized Russell Brand’s videos on his channel following sexual assault allegations against the comedian.
“We have suspended monetization on Russell Brand’s channel for violating our creator responsibility policy,” the platform announced Tuesday.
Brand is accused of rape, sexual abuse, and emotional abuse from 2006 to 2013, according to The Times.
However, the comedian has not been charged with any crimes or found guilty.
Brand has now become a left’s enemy, and he is about to witness for himself the lengths they will go to in order to destroy someone’s life if they don’t toe the line.
Over the weekend, far-left radicals Nandini Jammi and her business partner Claire Atkin took the credit for Rumble’s advertisers dropping Brand.
Jammi is a co-founder of far-left company Sleeping Giants, makes her money by attacking any companies that advertise on conservative platforms, like what has happened with Russell Brand.
The Guardian reported:
A number of large companies have pulled their advertisements from the video platform Rumble, where Russell Brand broadcasts his weekly show, in the week since allegations of rape and sexual assault against the comedian came to light.
The News Movement reported on Friday that Burger King, Asos, the Barbican, and HelloFresh, the recipe box delivery service, had removed their ads. The Brand has 1.4m followers on the platform. YouTube suspended Brand’s ability to earn money on its platform on Tuesday, but Rumble has rejected calls to do the same. On Friday, Brand said the moves to block him from receiving advertising revenue for his videos on social media platforms have occurred “in the context of the online safety bill.”
On Thursday, Rumble accused a parliamentary committee of “deeply inappropriate” behavior after Caroline Dinenage, the Conservative chair of the culture, media, and sport committee, wrote a letter to the company’s chief executive, Chris Pavlovski, to express concern that Brand “may be able to profit from his content on the platform.”
Last week, the UK parliament asked Rumble why they have not demonetized the comedian’s channel.
British Member of Parliament, Dame Caroline Dinenage, wrote to Rumble CEO Chris Pavlovski asking whether he would suspend monetization of Brand’s account, noting that Brand had posted his pre-emptive message regarding the allegations.
Attached is the letter from the UK Parliament. pic.twitter.com/MdeYrlt06J— Rumble – 🏴☠️ $RUM (@rumblevideo) September 20, 2023
Rumble later published their reply on Twitter/X, reminding Dame Dinenage that they were not in the United Kingdom.
“Singling out an individual and demanding his ban is even more disturbing given the absence of any connection between the allegations and his content on Rumble.”
Brand has denied the allegations, asserting that his relationships have been “always consensual.
This is happening pic.twitter.com/N8zIKLbJN2— Russell Brand (@rustyrockets) September 15, 2023
The comedian said he has always been transparent about his previous relationships being consensual, suggesting “mainstream media outlets are making a coordinated attack” against him.
“These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies, and as I’ve written about extensively in my books, I was very, very promiscuous,” he said.
London’s Metropolitan Police Service announced last week that it was investigating a report of an alleged sexual assault against the comedian.
“We continue to encourage anyone who believes they may have been a victim of a sexual offence, no matter how long ago it was, to contact us,” the department said.