Trump’s YouTube Channel Restored More than 2 Years after Being Suspended

SHARE
TWEET
Trump's YouTube Channel Restored More than 2 Years After Being Suspended

Former President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel has been restored more than two years after the streaming platform suspended him following the events of January 6, 2021.

Leslie Miller, YouTube’s vice president of public policy, told Fox News:

“Starting today, The Donald J. Trump channel is no longer restricted, and the ability to upload new content is restored.”

“We carefully evaluated the continued risk of real-world violence, balancing that with the importance of preserving the opportunity for voters to hear equally from major national candidates in the run-up to an election,” she added.

“This channel will continue to be subject to our policies, just like any other channel on YouTube.”

However, YouTube did not specify whether the videos it took action on and deleted on Trump’s channel would be restored.

But according to a report from Axios, “those videos will not be restored” on Trump’s channel.

Restoring Trump’s channel will allow the 2024 GOP presidential candidate to buy ads on the platform, provided they align with YouTube’s policies.

On January 13, 2021, YouTube suspended Trump’s channel, citing “concerns about the ongoing potential for violence.”

At the time, the President was prevented from uploading new content, and YouTube also removed some of the new content from the site.

Over a week later, on January 27, the Google-owned video platform announced Trump’s YouTube channel would “remain suspended,” highlighting an “ongoing potential for violence” in the wake of the Capitol protests on January 6.

The censorship didn’t end there, however, as YouTube continued prohibiting certain content featuring remarks from Trump.

Last year, Trumpp blasted YouTube after it removed a wide-ranging video interview he conducted with the Full Send Podcast.

“Whatever happened to free speech in our Country? Incredibly, but not surprisingly, the Big Tech lunatics have taken down my interview with the very popular NELK Boys so that nobody can watch it or in any way listen to it,” Trump said in a statement released by his Save America PAC.

The news comes just over a month after Meta announced it would restore Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Earlier this year, Twitter CEO Elon Musk announced he had restored Trump’s account,

But Trump is yet to post on any of those platforms, sticking firmly with his highly successful Truth Social platform.

READ MORE: Third Bank to Collapse Is Same One That Closed Trump’s Accounts after January 6

NOTICE: Our comment section is currently disabled due to malicious attacks preventing our readers being able to comment properly. We are in the process are implementing a new system which will be live soon! Sorry for any inconvenience!

SHARE
TWEET
Telegram
Email
Reddit
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Breaking

Trending

McConnell Tells Johnson To Stop Worrying About Border and Fund Ukraine
McConnell Tells Johnson To Stop Worrying About Border and Fund Ukraine
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told Republican House Mike Johnson that Ukraine funding is more...
Hunter Biden Admits His Father Is ‘The Big Guy’
Hunter Biden Admits His Father Is ‘The Big Guy’
Hunter Biden finally acknowledged that President Joe Biden is “the big guy,” a term used...
RFK Jr. Calls for Rand Paul to Replace Mitch McConnell: He Would Be an ‘Incredible Successor’
RFK Jr. Calls for Rand Paul to Replace Mitch McConnell: He Would Be an ‘Incredible Successor’
Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky would...
CNN’s Anderson Cooper Snaps at Guest in Gaza Exchange: ‘Don’t Need a Lecture’
CNN’s Anderson Cooper Snaps at Guest in Gaza Exchange: ‘Don’t Need a Lecture’ - WATCH
Anderson Cooper interrupted former Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign co-chair, Nina Turner, after she criticized...
Second Largest Fire in State History Ravages Texas, Engulfs 850,000 Acres
Second Largest Fire in State History Ravages Texas, Engulfs 850,000 Acres
An enormous fire broke out in the Texas Panhandle on Monday, engulfing over 850,000 acres, becoming the...
British Pop Star Blows Whistle on Taylor Swift: 'She's Performing Satanic Rituals'
British Pop Star Blows Whistle on Taylor Swift: 'She's Performing Satanic Rituals'
British singer from boyband ‘Boyzone’ has accused American Taylor Swift of performing ‘Satanic’...
Oklahoma School Under Investigation as 'Disturbing' Video Emerges
Oklahoma School Under Investigation as 'Disturbing' Video Emerges - WATCH
An Oklahoma high school is under investigation after a “disturbing” video began circulating...
Migrants Found to Be Housed Illegally in NY Furniture Store
Migrants Found to Be Housed Illegally in NY Furniture Store
A Bronx furniture store in New York has been issued with a late order after it was discovered that it...
CNN to Pay Don Lemon $24.5 Million Settlement Almost a Year after Ouster
CNN to Pay Don Lemon $24.5 Million Settlement Almost a Year after Ouster
Almost a year after CNN parted ways with Don Lemon, the network has agreed to pay the host a whopping...
Michelle Obama Favored as Joe Biden Replacement, Survey Reveals
Michelle Obama Favored as Joe Biden Replacement, Survey Reveals
Former First Lady Michelle Obama is now the preferred choice among Democrats to replace ageing 81-year-old...
0
What are your thoughts? Click to commentx
()
x

JOIN THE FIGHT!

SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE BREAKING NEWSLETTER STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX! 

We don’t spam! Read our Privacy Policy for more info.