Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is facing backlash for posting his son’s “insensitive” “beheaded” Halloween costume in the wake of the Israel-Hamas conflict in the Middle East.
The picture, which was shared on Instagram Tuesday, shows Trudeau gleefully posing with his nine-year-old son Hadrien, whose head pops out of his black robe, giving the illusion he is carrying his own severed head.
Trudeau said that nothing was stopping Hadrien from trick-or-treating, even though he “seems to have misplaced something.”
Hadrien seems to have misplaced something… but that’s not going to stop him from trick-or-treating. Happy Halloween, everyone – have fun out there! pic.twitter.com/D6KNfCmPjr— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) October 31, 2023
However, social media users pointed out that Justin had forgotten something.
Just a few weeks back, babies and others were beheaded by Hamas terrorists.
Political commentator Tyler Popp labeled Justin’s post as “tone-deaf.”
Toronto-based Saba Khan, who runs the page @fictionallyflawless, said that her “heart says this is the most tone deaf thing he can do at a time when children are getting their heads blown off in Palestine.”
Meanwhile, others slammed Trudeau’s Halloween snaps as “disgusting, insensitive and disrespectful.”
Others branded Justin’s Halloween snaps as “disgusting, insensitive and disrespectful” as well as “mightily inappropriate” and “callousness is beyond belief.”
This is not the first time Justin Trudeau has come under fire for an insensitive Halloween costume.
In 2001, snaps emerged of him sporting a “blackface” complexion in an Aladdin costume back in 2001.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, any guesses as to what Justin Trudeau may dress as ? I’m going with ol faithfull on this one. pic.twitter.com/nBNhoQoWsq— TrudeauforTreason (@steveivey11) October 31, 2023
Meanwhile, reports emerged that Israel will not agree to a ceasefire as it would be equivalent to surrendering to Hamas and terrorism.
Sky News reported:
The Israeli prime minister said his country would not stop military activity “just as the United States would not agree to a ceasefire after the bombing of Pearl Harbor or the terrorist attack of 9/11”.
Mr Netanyahu gave a news conference this evening as Israel’s troops push deeper into Gaza, with the country’s chief military spokesperson warning operations in the territory will “escalate.”
The prime minister condemned the “barbarians” of Hamas for trying to destroy the “promise” of Israel’s future.
Mr. Netanyahu also urged the world not to “surrender to tyranny and terror.”
“Israel did not start this war. Israel did not want this war. But Israel will win this war,” he added.
Hamas “raped women” and “beheaded men” during their surprise attack on 7 October, he added. He described their actions as the “most horrific crimes imaginable.”
“Israel is fighting the enemies of civilization itself,” he said.
In a plea for sympathy from the international community, the Israeli leader said a distinction must be drawn between Hamas’s “deliberate targeting” of civilians and the “unintentional” casualties of Israel’s strikes in response.
“Hamas is doing everything to keep Palestinian civilians in harm’s way,” Mr Netanyahu added as he claimed the militant group has been using people in Gaza as human shields.
He also claimed Hamas fighters had been holding Palestinians at gunpoint to prevent them from leaving certain areas.
The Israeli leader also said Hamas is preventing foreign nationals from leaving Gaza.