House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer announced on Monday that he would begin bringing congressional contempt charges against FBI Director Christopher Wray after viewing the subpoenaed document, which alleges Joe Biden was involved in a shady foreign bribery scheme.
“At the briefing, the FBI again refused to hand over the unclassified record to the custody of the House Oversight Committee,” Comer said, according to Fox News Digital.
“And we will now initiate contempt of Congress hearings this Thursday.”
Comer subpoenaed FBI director Wray for a document describing then-Vice President Joe Biden’s involvement in a $5 million pay-to-play criminal scheme with a foreign national.
The FBI agreed to let Comer review the document at its headquarters but later said he could physically view it on Capitol Hill.
Despite the accommodation, Comer said the FBI is still not complying with his subpoena.
“Given the severity and complexity of the allegations contained within this record, Congress must investigate further,” Comer also said.
“The investigation is not dead. This is only the beginning.”
Last month, Comer suggested former President Barack Obama knew about the Biden family’s foreign deals.
As The Daily Fetched reported:
Comer told Lou Dobbs on the Great America Show that Obama must have known about the Biden family business.
“I believe, Lou, that it’s because he knew what Joe Biden was doing the last year of his vice presidency,” Comer said, referring to payments worth millions the family’s business collected.
On Wednesday, Comer revealed that the Biden family business received over $10 million from foreign deals in China and Romania in what appeared to be influence peddling which Obama was aware of.
“He knew his son [Hunter Biden] was no good, and he knew this was nothing but a political liability not just for our country, not just for the democrat party, but for Obama’s legacy,” Comer added.
“Because a lot of this happened during the Obama administration.”